How would you like to have your home food storage and actually be able to eat it too?
The “Rock Star of Food Storage” finally reveals the methods she uses to simply and deliciously use her food storage in her everyday meals. This book is a must have for anyone with food storage. You will not have to wonder any longer about how to use your home food storage as Crystal provides simple, step-by-step examples that will help you use it instead of lose it. I wish I had this book years ago.
I have to admit, when Crystal contacted me about reviewing I Can’t Believe It’s Food Storage, I was a bit skeptical, but excited too. I had learned about the book through Twitter (eatfoodstorage) and the Food Storage Network. They have some great information on their sites so I was interested in seeing what Crystal had to say in her book. I had initially contacted her about reviewing it, but hadn’t heard anything.
When Crystal did contact me, I looked forward to receiving the book. After all, I enjoy reading about food storage and emergency preparedness and have a small library of books on the subjects.
There are 7 great things I noticed about this book:
- It is easy to read and follow.
- It shows you how to decide if you are a menu person or a themed person.
- It teaches you “tricky” ways to sneak food storage into your meals so your family will be wanting second and third helpings (We used this in our family with great results even before I read Crystal’s book).
- It is well researched with addresses (linking info) to key resources you can use right now (this save you a lot of time).
- Key questions about food storage are answered with tips and links to helpful videos.
- It is written for LDS readers with quotes and thoughts from LDS leaders so the LDS population won’t have to search for them.
- Best of all…there are over 100 tried and “kitchen-tested” recipes in I Can’t Believe It’s Food Storage.
Side Bar: Thank you Matt (Crystal’s Husband) and Kate (her daughter) for being the taste testers.
Bonus: You’ll love the conversion charts. It makes it easy to convert measurements, and it takes away the guesswork and time to do math calculations.
There was only one thing wrong with the book. It didn’t include our Home Food Storage Supplies website as a place to purchase products online (just a little humor). Maybe I can talk her into adding it to her next edition of I Can’t Believe It’s Food Storage.
All kidding aside. This is an outstanding book I highly recommend.
Everything Prepared, LLC
P.S. My research on Oxygen Absorbers suggests that using them in food grade plastic buckets without Mylar® liners is ineffective. However, other research seems to indicate they may be okay.
Click Here to Tweet this book review.
Note: This book review may be used in whole or in part as long as it links back to this page, is not taken out of context, and includes the entire signature paragraph above.
Other Reviews for I Can’t Believe It’s Food Storage
I absolutely love I Can’t Believe It’s Food Storage. My daughter introduced me to the website and was I was probably one of the first in Florida to buy the book. It has not disappointed me. I had printed off many of the recipes before from your website, but now have it in one book!! I would rate it a 5 star purchase.
Food Storage Specialist
Niceville Ward Relief Society